Monday, February 25, 2008

Black is the new black

Yesterday I was torn between staying awake to watch the Red Carpet coverage of the Oscar (which would mean sleeping incredibly late because of the time difference) and going to bed early (which would mean waking up rested with great glowing skin...or maybe just rested with ok skin, which in any case is much better than tired with horrible skin).
Going to bed won and boy am I glad!
Looking at the pictures this morning, I think the Red Carpet should be renamed the “Black Carpet”. Nothing against a great black dress, especially coming from someone who thinks cream makes a splash of colour…
But come on Red Carpet People, you didn’t even have the Golden Globes to dress up for, so I was hoping for a little bit more creativity.
Oh well, here are some dresses I loved for being colourful and breaking the rule. And, below, the Black Sea on the Red Carpet.





(PS, I did realize, after posting this, that some of the dresses are not black, but navy, like Penelope's, or brown. But it was early in the morning and I was suffering from temporary colour-blindness. Blame it on the Red Carpet People)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite isnt there. it was marion cotillard dress, the best actress winner, with a jean paul gaultier. amazing!!!

Guerreira said...

I am a bit on the fence with that one, Dede. I like the material and the pattern, but didn't love the top bit of it...

Anonymous said...

My opinion is that navy or brown is even worst than black...so it's to just call them all black and pretend nobody wears brown to the oscars!