Monday, August 18, 2008

Of love and pronunciation

So the opening of the Shoreditch Festival was great, it didn't rain, the music was nice and I bought a great pair of earrings.

All was great until I got home and realized there had been a huge misunderstanding.

xxx

In the middle of the day I went in search of some festival food and came back all happy with a sausage sandwich I found at the POLISH stall.

ME - "Look guys, I got a POLISH meat sandwich. I am going back to my roots" (as I am ¼ Polish)

HUSBAND - "Really, you are eating that? Ok, whatever rocks your boat."

I thought it was a slightly weird response from him, since as far as I know he doesn't have anything against the Polish or any other nationalities.

Later on, at home, as we are talking about the great day we had, and I am saying how one of the highlights was my incredibly yummy sandwich, the husband says:

HUSBAND - "I actually cannot believe you ate PONY meat".

ME - "Excuse me? PONY as in cute little horses that every young girl dreams of having? (not me though, as I have always been scared of horses, even the cute little ones)

HUSBAND – “Yes, that’s what you ate, no?”

ME (HORRIFIED) – “Noooo, you crazy man. POLISH meat, not PONY meat”.

xxx

So there you have it…my man thinks I am capable of not only eating pony meat, but also bragging about it. Love is weird. And, it seems, my pronunciation is even weirder.



(Fancy some pony on the grill?)

2 comments:

Kira Aderne said...

que fofo!
eu amava esses cavalinhos pony! hehehe

Muitos beijinhos!!!

Anonymous said...

i thought he said that polish sandwiches were made of pony meat.